About Happy Swim International
A family or school holiday can be the ideal time for kids to learn to swim. Happy Swim now offers swimming lessons abroad. We offer daily/weekly lessons, speed courses in Spain and summer camp weeks (Spain: in July, August and September). Together with you as parent(s) we make a plan and start 🙂
We always start with survival skills and when these skills are developed we enter the technique level. We instruct in Dutch fashion, with lots of fun and starting with swimming on the back for safety. Our diploma’s are internationally (ITA) acknowledged, we offer: Infant rescue (IRS) – A/B and C diploma.
Places, Dates and Groups:
We’ve rounded up the coming places, dates and groups:
Costa Rica to Spain
- Costa Rica, Cobano Santa Theresa area): From 2 april until 30 may 2019
- Spain, Javea (Denia region): From: 07-07-2019 until end of September 2019
Infant rescue survival: working at our main goal, safety! 😁
Posted by Happy Swim International on Saturday, June 9, 2018
Costa Rica & Spain:
(Pre) Self Rescue (baby/Toddler rescue swimming)
Pre self rescue swimming Classes are specifically designed to introduce your baby to the water in a fun and loving environment and prepare them for their swimming journey and the next step Self Rescue course. Classes are for babies and toddlers from 6 weeks upwards to join their parents in the water for 30 minutes of fun. Swimming is a bonding experience for parents and their baby, improving vital motor skills and offering a healthy activity for the body and mind. We have a holistic approach in our courses. We offer weekly morning and afternoon classes. 5 babies maximum per group. Mamma’s or daddy’s in the pool.
From 6 months up we offer SELF RESCUE COURSE
In our Self Rescue course children will learn how to survive should they fall in the water unexpectedly. Infants six months (crawling) to twelve months can learn to:
- Hold their breath in the water ( Natural response up to 15 months);
- Learn to turn, stay afloat, relax and breathe( and cry) until rescued by an adult;
- Perform these skills fully clothed
Some infants may even learn to propel a short distance through the water between two parents. Children who are walking (starting from 1 years old until as old as 6 years) can learn to:
- Use breath control under water;
- Swim with their face in the water to a safe place/parent;
- Roll over onto their back when they need to breathe;
- Perform these skills fully clothed;
The course is 10 consecutive days, swimming each day for 30 minutes. Normally children complete the course within 10 days, however depending on your child’s needs extra lessons can be arranged if necessary. The lessons are one-on-one with an instructor Daily lessons every day when our team is present. Look into schedule for dates and times.
A Diploma/ B Diploma/ C diploma Swimming
At both locations we offer a speed course to obtain the swimming skills. The main goal is technical swimming. We always start with survival elements, learning how to float on back and belly, being able to get to the side without floating aids. From there we start instructing them with the proper strokes. All strokes, except the butterfly stroke, are being thought.
Learning can only be achieved with fun! A child having fun in the water and being challenged on her/his own level will have a natural motivation to learn. We offer our classes with much creativity and in a playful way. The speed course contains of a lot of time in the water, but we also do fun exercises on the ground. Nicely in the sun. All exercises are to prepare your child for the end result: The swimming diploma.
Goal / intention:
Learning elementary swim and safety techniques.
1. A minimum of 50% of the distance must be covered in deep water for the candidate.
2. If the candidate jumps into the water, it needs to be around 1.40 meters deep. Hoops need to be
positioned about 1 meter under the water surface.
A Diploma guidelines and requirements:
A sleeveless shirt, underpants, a blouse or a T-shirt, shorts, socks and shoes.
Swimming style options:
Singular backstroke or back crawl
Front crawl or breaststroke
Wearing extra clothing:
1. Jump from the side into the water and swim on your stomach for 25 meters (breaststroke). Swim
under a mat and then swim on your back for 25 meters (singular backstroke).
2. Jump from the side into the water and tread water for 1 minute using your legs and/or arms.
Wearing swimming gear:
3. Jump from the side into the water and swim on your stomach for 50 meters (breaststroke).
4. Jump vertically into the water and swim on your stomach for 25 meters (using the swimming style
of your choice). While swimming, make a dive or a duck dive through a hoop at around 1 meter
under the water surface.
5. Jump from the side into the water and swim singular backstroke for 25 meters and back crawl for
6. Swim beginners’ front crawl for 7 meters.
Advantages and experiences (indicated by parents themselves):
“My child knows how to survive and be safe when it falls into the water”
“Professional instructors, having fun, playing and very nice to the children”
“Even in the group lessons, I was surprised how fast the children learned “
“Structured and playful”
“I was so happy with the guidance and communication the instructors had with with me regarding my child”
“Survival minded, survival techniques , my child now survives and with a smile :-)”
“So much knowledge, passion and perseverance”
“Try them!! You will not be sorry!!